Saturday 27 August 2016

The Muddiest Point (From Aug 15)

Monday, 15 August 2016

The Muddiest Point

Seeing as I'll be teaching some form of computer literacy, "The Muddiest Point" (Brooksfield, p. 38) allows students to write down (or maybe in the case of my class, anonymously instant message) the most unclear portion of the class for that day, and send it to the instructor.

For example, if I'm going to be teaching the basics of structuring and formatting a résumé in Microsoft Word, there may be an 'muddy point' involving the appearance of text headings. This way, it may be something as simple as re-visiting step-by-step instructions for a particular sub-topic. However, it could also be someone reaching a state of built up anxiety and needing to take a step back in the course to recover and regroup.

Either way, this exercise can help learners address any confusion or 'muddiness' that may be in the classroom. I will try this with my next students that I tutor, and see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment