Friday 18 September 2015

I never introduced myself!

Well then, how rude of me!

I never really introduced myself. My name is Adam Dewji, and I've been wanting to be a teacher for quite awhile now. I'm not too good with kids, I'd rather have my students potty trained and all.

In 2013, I graduated from SFU with a degree in Interactive Arts and Technology. I know, sounds fancy and all, but all I really learned how to do was Google things faster than you. We taught ourselves most of the coursework. Theoretically, I should be able to program robots, design interactive buildings and animate crazy things in 3D. What was that program missing? Great teachers. Instructors that knew the material, knew how to teach it, and could be engaging. I took away one part which really did engage me - User Experience (UX) Design.

What is UX Design? Imagine one of the websites you visit most (Facebook, perhaps?) -- I'd be one of the guys that makes sure every click is intuitive, and every pixel of colour (or non-colour) was designed in a way that made sense to the user. Every item placed has its purpose, and the site will flow, meaning you don't have to try and teach yourself how to use it every time you log on. I guess that's why we "dislike" every time Facebook made a change to itself (see, the new big change coming is the Dislike button).

Likewise, I decided that as a graduate of that program, I'd spend a couple of years specializing in UX Design, and now I work at Purdys Chocolatier, helping them with their seasonal website. I also run my own Craft Beer review blog, called Brewji (you can visit that here).

I live in the Vancouver area, and I have 7 years of college radio broadcasting under my belt, as well as Crohn's Disease, and a bit of a thin filter (I tend to be myself in almost all situations).

If you have any questions about anything, feel free to give me a shout! If you're in Vancouver and looking for (or just want to talk about) craft beer, you know who to ask.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment